All Customers of Robert Maxim's domain services are subject to the terms and conditions contained in the Domain Agreement. The Domain Agreement is a legal contract between Robert Maxim and the User that contains the rights, duties and obligations of Robert Maxim and the User. Anyone acting for or as an organization or individual applying to register, transfer or renew a domain name is required to adhere to the terms and conditions.
If you register or renew a domain name with Robert Maxim International Inc. (Robert Maxim), or associate a domain with your Robert Maxim hosting account, or otherwise obtain domain services from or through us, you and your domain services will be subject to (i) the following Robert Maxim DOMAIN AGREEMENT, and (ii) the terms of the Domain Agreement of the Domain Registrar we use. You should view the most current Domain Agreement of the Domain Registrar we currently use (please see link at bottom of page). Please note that such agreement will apply to your domain services irrespective of whether your registrar is the registrar we use or another domain registrar, provided that in the event of any conflict between the domain registration agreement of the registrar we use and that of your domain registrar, the terms of the agreement of your registrar will take precedence.
Robert Maxim Managed Domain Name Registrations and Renewals
- Upon a Customer's request, and subject to these terms and conditions, Robert Maxim will attempt to register a domain name, or renew the registration of an existing domain name, on behalf of the Customer with any domain name registrar that Robert Maxim, in its sole discretion, elects to employ for such registration or renewal (the "Chosen Registrar"). Robert Maxim reserves the right to refuse any request for registration or renewal of a domain name.
- When registering a new domain name, or if your domain name is already registered with Robert Maxim's domain registrar, you have the option to enroll your domain in our Automated Domain Renewal Service. Payment for this service is by subscription and payment is to be received by Robert Maxim 30 days in advance of the renewal date. Through the Automated Domain Renewal Service, Robert Maxim will attempt to automatically initiate the renewal of any domain name you register through Robert Maxim. The renewal will be initiated 15 days before a domain's expiration date. If payment is not received by our office prior to fifteen days before the expiry date Robert Maxim will not proceed with the domain renewal and the domain will expire. Of course, the Customer can opt out of the Automated Domain Renewal Service at any time by notifying Robert Maxim, in writing sent to our office, and then verbally verified with the Customer, by telephone, by Robert Maxim, at least 30 days before the renewal anniversary. While participating in the Automated Domain Renewal Service, you agree to be bound by the policies associated with this service. In the event of conflict between those policies and rules and this Agreement, this Agreement will control.
- The registration or renewal of any domain name by Robert Maxim on behalf of a Customer is subject to, and contingent upon, (i) the Customer providing all information needed to complete such registration, (ii) the availability of the domain name, (iii) the domain name not being in violation of any applicable law, rule, statute or regulation, (iv) the domain name not being in violation of any policy of the Chosen Registrar, (v) any fees or costs for such domain name registration being paid in advance by the Customer and (vi) the Customer's continued compliance with any and all Robert Maxim Terms of Service and the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Once a domain name has been registered or renewed through Robert Maxim, no refunds will be given for the domain registration or renewal fee.
- The Customer has full ownership rights over any domain name registered or renewed through Robert Maxim, where the domain registration fees have been paid in full by the Customer. In the event of fraud or failure to pay fees, Robert Maxim will retain possession of the domain name. In addition, if we receive a credit card charge-back for a domain registered with us, Robert Maxim will take ownership of the domain name(s) registered.
- Robert Maxim is not responsible for maintaining the registrant information for domain names. The domain owner can modify all this information by contacting our Support Team. The Customer agrees to continually update all information required by the Chosen Registrar. Updating your information with Robert Maxim does not automatically update it with the Chosen Registrar unless the Robert Maxim Domain Management Service is purchased.
- Robert Maxim is not responsible for any domain name's availability. The Customer waives any and all claims against Robert Maxim for, and hereby releases Robert Maxim from, any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense arising out of, or relating to, the registration or release of a domain name.
- The Customer acknowledges and understands that any and all domain name registrations and renewals are subject to the terms, conditions, rules, regulations, applicable law and policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN). In addition, any and all domain name registrations and renewals are subject to the terms and conditions of the Chosen Registrar, which can be found on the Web Site of such Chosen Registrar. Upon request, Robert Maxim will provide the Customer with the name of the Chosen Registrar.
- The Customer understands and accepts that a request for a domain name registration or renewal is no guarantee that the Customer will receive the domain name that has been requested. The Customer understands, accepts and appreciates the risks associated with circumstances and vulnerabilities generally affecting the Internet and e-commerce in general. The Customer waives any and all claims it may have against Robert Maxim for, and hereby releases Robert Maxim from, any loss, damage, liability, cost or expense arising out of, or relating to, the registration or release of a domain name in such circumstances.
- Robert Maxim is not liable for domain disputes that may arise over changed registrant information for a domain name.
- Robert Maxim is not responsible for resolving any domain disputes. These issues must be resolved by the parties involved, according to the legal bounds of ICANN, the domain name governing body. Robert Maxim will not act as an arbitrator, but will honor any ICANN decisions.
More about Domain Renewals
- If we are unable to secure payment before the domain renewal date, the domain name will expire.
- Forty (40) days after a domain renewal date, a domain name will be released by the Registrar and made available to the general public for re-registration.
- After a domain has expired, we will, upon a Customer's request, put in a request with our Registrar to renew and reactivate the domain name if all registration fees are paid (including any extra fees required to pull a domain name out of its redemption period). This process is normally complete within four (4) days.
- If we receive a dispute of payment, a chargeback or a request for a refund from your credit card for a Robert Maxim renewed domain name, Robert Maxim will take over the ownership of the domain name in question.
- The Customer agrees that any and all information provided in connection with any domain renewal request shall be true and correct in all respects. In connection with any such request, Robert Maxim assumes responsibility only for processing such renewal request with the Chosen Registrar. Robert Maxim disclaims any and all responsibility to verify any information provided in connection with the request and shall have no responsibility or liability for any loss, delay, inconvenience, interruption in service, service error or loss of data.
- Robert Maxim bears no responsibility or obligation to notify Customer of any approaching domain name expiration dates. The Customer agrees to bear complete responsibility for such deadlines.
Robert Maxim Managed Domain Name Transfers
- If a Customer requests a domain name registration or renewal that requires a transfer from one registrar or reseller to another, the Customer is solely and completely responsible for compliance with any registrar or reseller terms, conditions, procedures and/or policies in connection with the request. Robert Maxim shall have no liability or responsibility resulting from a delay, inconvenience or expiration of a domain name as a consequence of the Customer's failure to comply with such terms, conditions, procedures and/or policies.
- While Robert Maxim will assist you in any way reasonable, we are not responsible for ensuring your domain name is transferred to our servers. During the domain transfer process, Customer is responsible for making any necessary domain name server changes and ensuring the transfer is implemented correctly.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. You agree that our entire liability, and your exclusive remedy, with respect to any Services(s) provided under this Agreement and any breach of this Agreement is solely limited to the amount you paid for the initial registration of your domain name. Go Daddy and its directors, employees, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and third party providers, ICANN and the applicable registries shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages resulting from the use or inability to use any of the Services or for the cost of procurement of substitute services. Because some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, in such states, our liability is limited to the extent permitted by law. We disclaim any and all loss or liability resulting from, but not limited to: (1) loss or liability resulting from access delays or access interruptions; (2) loss or liability resulting from data non-delivery or data mis-delivery; (3) loss or liability resulting from acts of God; (4) loss or liability resulting from the unauthorized use or misuse of your account identifier or password; (5) loss or liability resulting from errors, omissions, or misstatements in any and all information or services(s) provided under this Agreement; (6) loss or liability resulting from the interruption of your Service. You agree that we will not be liable for any loss of registration and use of your domain name, or for interruption of business, or any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages of any kind (including lost profits) regardless of the form of action whether in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
ACCEPTANCE OF AGREEMENT. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE TO ALL ITS TERMS AND CONDITIONS. YOU HAVE INDEPENDENTLY EVALUATED THE DESIRABILITY OF THE SERVICE AND ARE NOT RELYING ON ANY REPRESENTATION AGREEMENT, GUARANTEE OR STATEMENT OTHER THAN AS SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Domain Registration Agreement of the Domain Registrar we currently use.