You can improve your auto repair website SEO by claiming a Google Business local listing for your business. It only takes a few minutes to signup and claim your Google Business listing, and you will benefit from increased local exposure for your business. We highly recommend that all our RobertMaxim.com clients claim their Google Business listing.
Top Reasons to Claim Your Google Business Listing:
- your business citation* will rank higher in Google Maps, Google search results, and the Google local search results*;
- Your website will rank higher;
- make sure everything in your profile is accurate;
- make sure your business citation is correct;
- add enhanced info to your Google listing including photos, coupons, special offers, events and more;
- prevents a competitor from claiming your profile and writing nasty stuff about your business (yes, people have done this!).
- just takes a few minutes to signup and claim your Google Business listing for auto repair shops;
- It's FREE!
Instructions on how to claim your Google Business listing or create a new listing in Google Business:
- Go to the Google Business page where you can claim your Google listing or Add a New Google listing.
- You need a general Google account to claim your Google Business. If you already have a Google email (Gmail) account just enter your email and password to login, then skip to Step #4.
If you don't have a Google account, you can quickly and easily get one by clicking on the "Create an Account Now" button and entering the information required for signup.
We recommend that you NOT use your personal Gmail email for claiming your listing. It is always best practice to keep business separate from personal email. Remember to write down what email address you use to claim your listing. It is more secure to not write down your password. If you forget it you can always use the 'Forgot password' function to retrieve your password through the registered email address. After you fill out the form, click the "Create my Account" button.
- Verify your existing email address. Upon clicking the "Create my Account" button, Google will send an email to your existing or alternative email address. Check email, find the message from Google, click the included link to verify your email account. If your verification is successful an "Email Account Verified" message will be displayed. Click the "Click Here to Continue" link on the page to login to your Google account.
- Claim your Google Business listing or create a New Google Business listing.
Click the button that says "List Your Business" to proceed. Enter your Businesses main phone number and country to proceed. Google will check to see if your business already has a listing (most established businesses already have a listing created by Google). If your listing already exists you can "Claim" your listing to take control of it. Just click the "Edit" button next to your business name. If a Google Business listing doesn't exist for your business you will be prompted to create a new listing.
- Enter Information for your Google Business listing. Fill out the form with information about your business. Make sure to enter your website address, a short description of your business, and categories for your business. You can be listed in up to 5 categories (such as "Auto repair" "Tire shop", etcetera). Enter information about your hours of operation, and payments accepted. The more information you provide, the better Google will rank you in local searches.
We also highly recommend uploading photos of your business. If you can, upload at least one photo of the outside of your business, and one photo of the inside.
Under "Additional Details", you can enter other communities in your market area. You can also use the Additional Details area for "Amenities" like: "shuttles, local transportation available, rental cars, Internet access, drinks, TV, etc." Once you've filled out the form, click the "Submit" button.
- Validate Your Google Business Listing. Upon clicking the "Submit Button" button Google will give you options on validating your listing submission. Click "Validate by Postcard" to have Google send a verification PIN via postcard to the listing address (The card will have PIN number you enter in your Google account to verify your listing submission). Click the "Finish" button.
It generally takes 1-3 weeks for the validation postcard to arrive. The post card will include instructions on how to validate your Google Business account. Once validated you're all set!
Your business will benefit from improved local search rankings on Google, and you'll have the ability to advertise special offers and coupons directly through Google!
Step-by-step instructions at Google.com
* A Business Citation is any mention of your business name, address, and phone number on the internet.
* A Google Local search results are local business listings on Google Maps. The Local Search result is displayed when you search for a local business and include the location such as… “auto repair shop atlanta” or “auto repair shop atlanta ga.” The Local Search result appears towards the top of the search results, second only to the Sponsored (pay-per-click) search results.