If you think you can ignore social media and ratings and review sites, think again. Check out this short, thought provoking video on the impact of social media on EVERYONE. It asks (and answers) the simple question: Is social media a fad?
Here are some though provoking quotes from the video:
- 78% of consumers trust peer recommendations. Only 14% trust advertisements.
- By 2010 Gen Y will outnumber Baby Boomers and 96% of them have joined a social network.
- Years to reach 50 million users: Radio: 38 years; TV: 13 years; Internet: 4 years; Facebook: 100 million new users in less than 9 months.
- Fastest growing segment on Facebook is 55-65 year old females.
- 'Word of mouth' now = 'World of mouth'.
- 80% of Twitter usage is on mobile devices people update anywhere, anytime. Imagine what that means for bad customer experiences!
Contact Robert Maxim to find out how we can help auto repair shops build, protect and maintain a great online reputation. Having an auto repair shop website is the solid foundation of a strong, inexpensive auto repair marketing plan.